Indulge your passions for fine food, wine and La Bella Vita — join Michele Topor on one of her exclusive discovery tours of Southern Italy. Be sure to mark your calendar and reserve your place for the next “Sicily — A Food, Wine and Cultural Discovery Tour” to nourish both your palate and your soul.”
“Sicily — A Food, Wine and Cultural Discovery Tour”
For personal reasons Michele will not be doing her Sicily tour in 2018.
The magic of Sicily will ensnare you from the very moment you arrive.
The island seems to explode with color and unmatched scenery. Its cuisine is luxurious in flavor and variety — a culinary heritage shaped by the influx of peoples (and armies!) from diverse foreign lands over thousands of years.
During your 8-day tour, you will experience the many extreme contrasts that typify so much of Sicilian cuisine, scenery and culture: from the baroque traditions of aristocratic cuisine to the simple purity of peasant cucina povera; from the snow-covered slopes of Mount Etna to the silvery seaside shores of Taormina; and from the hurly-burly of Palermo’s Il Capo (open-air market) to the exquisite solemnity of Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples.
Your accommodations include Sicily’s most exclusive properties. Travel will be provided by private air-conditioned deluxe motor coach. The tour includes visits to famous wineries, private farms, numerous guided tours to historical sites, as well as cooking demonstrations and daily presentations on food, wine and culture by Michele Topor and a full-time, English-speaking local guide.
Space is limited to 20 participants.
TRIP FACTS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
An exclusive, small culinary and cultural holiday for a discriminating clientele to experience the region of Sicily at its best.
Program fee: Please call us at 617-523-6032 or email [email protected]
- 8 nights in 4+ or 5 star *accommodations, breakfast included
- 8 lunches with wine: 3 at local trattorias, and 5 at private family estates/ aziendas/farmhouses
- 4 gourmet dinners with wine: 3 at famous restaurants, 1 at a private home
- 2 cooking demonstrations
- 2 wine tastings at top producers and 1 vineyard tour
- olive farm visit with olive oil tasting and tour of the olive groves
- a special visit to a private farm with a demonstration of the making of ricotta, a cheese tasting and a presentation about the production of durum wheat
- visit to an open air market in Palermo and Syracusa
- guided tour of historic Palermo with a visit to the Palatine Chapel, the Cathedral,the Church of San Giovanni degli Eremiti and Monreale’s famous Benedictine Abbey
- guided tour of the Greek temples of Agrigento, the Greek theaters of Taormina and Syracusa, Greek and Roman ruins in Syracusa, Piazza Armerina, Segesta
- orientation and informal lectures throughout the tour by Michele Topor
- service charges, taxes and tips (at hotels and restaurants)
- porterage of 2 bags per person
- air-conditioned deluxe motor coach
- full time Host, Michele Topor and full time English speaking local guide…plus a few surprises, as the occasion allows
- meals not listed on the itinerary
- optional trip insurance
- liquor with meals
- items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone charges
- passport fees
- tips to local guides, motorcoach driver and full-time English-speaking guide