Toasts with chocolate, olive oil, and sea saltPosted By | Posted On Aug 11, 2007
Amanda Hesser wrote about this recipe in an article for the New York Times. Common as an after school snack for children in Spain, it is an effortless “no recipe” recipe. You’ll have to trust me that it’s outstanding and one of my most favorite easy to prepare treats to end a meal.
Total time – 10 minutes – 4 servings
- 8 1/4 inch baguette slices
- 9 thin 1-inch squares of best-quality bittersweet chocolate
- Extra virgin olive oil, for sprinkling
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay bread slices on a baking sheet. Lay a chocolate square on top of each. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake until chocolate is molten but not seeping through bread, about 3 to 5 minutes. Bread should be crisp slightly but not toast. Sprinkle with a little more olive oil and salt, and serve immediately.