Farro SpaghettiPosted By | Posted On Mar 25, 2011
Substitute pasta made from farro in any of your favorite pasta dishes. Since it has an earthy, nutty taste similar to whole wheat pasta, it pairs best with a more assertive vegetable.
Suggestions for additions to cooked farro pasta:
- OO, sautéed mushrooms (mix of sliced portobello, shitake and oyster), garlic, and when serving – top with a drizzle of truffle oil and slices of Taleggio cheese
- OO, sautéed mushrooms and pork sausages (hot or sweet) – serve with grated cheese
- sautéed cabbage, or cavolo vero (Tuscan kale), or broccoli rape seasoned with garlic, anchovies and hot red pepper
- sautéed onions, diced pancetta, halved cherry tomatoes and a pinch of hot red pepper and basil
- sautéed shellfish, onion, garlic, diced plum tomato, sliced fennel