Small cherry size balls of mozzarella wrapped in a slice of smoked prosciutto “speck” (or cured prosciutto) make a lovely antipasto presentation.
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 T. fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- 9 oz. fresh mozzarella in cherry shapes
- 6 oz. thin slices of smoked prosciutto
Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl. Add the garlic, chives, olive oil and hot pepper flakes. Drain the mozzarella and add to the mixture. Marinate at room temperature for about 2 hrs or cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Cut the prosciutto slices in half. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around each piece of cheese. Arrange on a platter and serve immediately.