Recommended Places to Stay
- BostonUSA.com — Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau — a comprehensive site for hotels, restaurants and attractions in and around Boston.
- lacappellasuites.com — La Capella Suites — The North End’s only B&B. Fully immerse yourself in our Old World neighborhood with a night’s stay at this charming converted chapel.
- briccosuites.com — Fully furnished, fireplaced luxury accommodations in the North End. Provides guests with spacious living areas and hotel amenities – - the perfect hotel alternative.
- bostonbedandbreakfast.com – Bed and Breakfasts and Inns are the most unique way to travel. Leave all your workaday stress behind and head for a vacation getaway to Boston, Massachusetts, where the hardest decision you’ll have to make is what to do next.
- www.Fairmont.com/BatteryWharf – the only luxury hotel in the neighborhood located in an ideal location to explore the rich culture of the North End and enjoy the harbor views.
- www.IntercontinentalBoston.com – an easy walk along the Greenway will take you to this landmark luxury hotel on Boston’s waterfront
- Boston Apartment Rentals - HomeAway – great selection of Boston area vacation condos, homes and apartments available for rent by their owners. From luxury to affordable – search today.
Fun Things to Do in Boston
- bostongondolas.com — Boston’s only authentic Venetian gondolas, located on The Charles River at The Esplanade. Enjoy the history, mystery and romance of these magical boats on your very own private tour. Sit back and sip a fine wine while Pellagrino, the accordion player, entertains. Your gondolier will create an experience for you that will have lasting memories.
- photowalks.com — Let our friend Saba train your eye for finding fabulous photo ops on this walking tour with a photographic edge. Also, for Brides-to-Be, she’s available to capture your special day. Check her website for a lovely portfolio and more information.
- mass-vacation.com — Massachusetts Office for Travel and Tourism – for statewide travel information.
- citypass.com — see Boston’s 5 best attractions for less and skip lines with the Boston City Pass.
North End Information
- northendboston.com — For community news, parking updates, links to stores, restaurants, caffes. . . . Stay in-the-know on America’s oldest neighborhood.
- www.AlexGoldfeld.com/NEHS.html – North End Historical Society – preserving the historical record and culture of Boston’s North End
- www.NorthEndWaterfront.com – a neighborhood focused website created to share local “News and Views”
- chinatownmainstreet.org — a neighborhood focused website created to share local news, and a good source for information about scheduled events, festivals, parades, etc.
- bostonchinatowngateway.com - another good source for Chinatown events, news, photos and a blog.
- necacupuncture.com - not in Chinatown, but we are often asked about acupuncture…I highly recommend this unique clinic which offers patients access to affordable complementary medicine.
Food & Wine Sites
- vcirace.com — Since 1906, the Cirace family have selected and stocked the finest Italian wine, aperitivi, liquori and digistivi. Now third generation, Lisa and Jeff Cirace will assist you in selecting the wines and spirits to complement your food. And don’t miss the beautifully designed gift baskets, the hand blown Murano glasses and the Italian ceramics from the Amalfi coast. This store is truly a treasure and the grappa selection is not to be believed!
- homemade-pasta.com–DePasquale’s homemade pasta shoppe stocks not only fresh pasta but a fabulous selection of Italian cheese, cured meats, antipasti, olive oil, vinegars and Italian specialty food items.
- allthingssicilian.com — A great source for Sicilian foods, terracotta, Sicilian music, and more.
- slowfood.com — Join the cause of this international organization whose aim is to protect the pleasures of the table from the homogenization of modern fast food and life. Protect your right to taste!
- gilsonslyceum.com — To purchase herb plants and culinary herbal products or to create a private event in an old carriage house setting with an exceptionally beautiful backdrop. Enjoy a country retreat and reserve a space in one of their gourmet herbal themed dinners.
- growitalian.com — Order vegetable, herb and flower seeds from Italy. The web page also has detailed and general growing tips.
- thewinebottega.com – located in Boston’s North End, this tiny store is dedicated to discovering and sharing small production, hand-crafted wines from around the globe.
- austinsfarm.com – grass fed beef, raised naturally from farm to table. CSA shares available. Visit them at the farm store in Belchertown, MA or at the Farmer’s Market in Amherst or Somerville.
- grasslandbeef.com – one of the best online food/product suppliers of grass fed meat and other quality offerings. This family owned business will deliver grass-fed goodness directly to your door.
Recommended North End Restaurants
- RistoranteFiore.com –serving lunch and dinner in a contemporary setting. Enjoy a modern menu and Italian American classics. With 3 floors of dining rooms as well as a seasonal patio and roof-top dining they can create a menu for a small dinner or a memorable event for 70 people.
- anticofornoboston.com — Antico Forno. A trattoria with a brick oven serving simple, rustic Neapolitan dishes.
- www.ArtuBoston.com – simple, rustic food, superbly prepared. A favorite of the locals and family friendly
- luccaboston.com — Lucca. This elegant restaurant and lively bar serves Northern Italian dishes amidst stellar service.
- mammamaria.com — Mamma Maria is set in a 19thC. elegant brick rowhouse. Their seasonally inspired menu has an emphasis on traditional Italian dishes.
- www.MauriziosBoston.com – a Sardinian chef serving Mediterranean specialties in an intimate dining room
- www.MonicasBoston.com – two family-owned and operated restaurants. Trattoria di Monica, a cosy trattoria serving homemade pasta and other rustic dishes; Vinoteca di Monica, a wine-bar and restaurant specializing in traditional regional dishes
- www.PanzaRestaurant.com – serving some old favorites with a few contemporary dishes; delicious and reasonably priced
- prezza.com — Prezza. Minimalist décor compliments chef/owner Anthony Caturano’s sophisticated cuisine. All pastas and desserts are homemade.
- tarantarist.com — Taranta. Robust, enjoy the authentic flavors of southern Italy with, at times, a Peruvian twist. This is not the Italian American food that you’re familiar with!
Recommended Chinatown Restaurants
- heilamoon.com – Hei La Moon offers the best “cart-style” dim sum in Chinatown, as well as an extensive Cantonese dinner menu. A popular place for banquets.
- newshanghairestaurant.com – Despite the name, The New Shanghai offers some of Boston’s best Sichuanese food, as well as Beijing-style appetizers and snacks.
- theQusa.com - the latest in the ever-expanding choice of hot pot restaurants, the Q has fantastic broths and great cocktails.
- shojoboston.com – a modern Pan-Asian oasis in a sea of traditional restaurants, Shojo offers inventive food and drinks with a New York vibe.
- dumplingcafe.com – Dumpling Cafe is the newest addition to the growing number of places serving Taiwanese style Chinese cuisine.
- newjumboseafoodrestaurant.com – Choose your fish from the tank and have them cook it for you. It doesn’t get fresher than this. New Jumbo offers excellent Cantonese seafood specialties in an intimate dining room.
- hongkongeatery.com – Hong Kong Eatery has the best Cantonese BBQ in Chinatown. This is the place to go for roast duck, roast pork, pork spareribs, won ton soup and delicious noodle and rice plates.
- shabuzenboston.com - The first and the best of the Shabu Shabu restaurants in Chinatown, Shabu Zen serves Japanese/Taiwanese style hot pot, or “Chinese fondue”.
Planning a Trip to Italy
- bisignano.biz — If you are interested in renting an apartment in Florence.
- showofthemonth.com – join the Show of the Month Club and enjoy the benefit of a low cost trip to Italy with personal service and a first-class experience.
Food Tours in Other Cities
- RIMarketTours.com — Join Cindy Salvato on a culinary excursion to historic “Federal Hill” in Providence, Rhode Island.
- TriangleFoodTour.com – food tasting and walking tours in Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham and Cary, North Carolina
- mainefoodietours.com/about – Join Maine Foodie Tours by foot or by trolley while you learn about and sample Main-inspired culinary creations.
- meltingpottours.com – Learn about the history of Los Angeles and its vast ethnic diversity while sampling delicious world foods.