Neighborhood News & NotesPosted By | Posted On Apr 28, 2008
The winter season has brought a few changes to the neighborhood. Some old familiar places have closed and a few new shops have opened. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Martignetti Liquor Store has closed, now leased by Citizen’s Bank. They are putting a few ATM machines on the Hanover St. corner and are leasing the remaining space to Cafe Graffiti (closed the Hanover St. location), Christina DeFalco – a local clothing designer who was originally on Hanover St., Finale – another location for the Boston based dessert cafe and a take-out window for Gigi Gelateria. These stores are expected to open late summer. We will be very excited to welcome Cafe Graffiti to its new location.
- Dairy Fresh Candy’s has closed and it’s future is uncertain although we believe that the business is for sale.
- Shake the Tree has relocated on Salem St. closer to Neptune restaurant.
- Giovanni Produce, Salem St. has closed and will be replaced with a fish store – Mercato di Mare – sometime this summer.
- Trani – the injectable ice cream store on Salem St. has closed to be replaced with a restaurant.
- Grezzo – a new raw food restaurant has been getting some great press – on Prince St. where Sage restaurant was.
- The Cafe Graffiti spot on Hanover St. will be Cafe Belmondo a cafe/restaurant.
- Emilio’s Restaurant has been sold to the owner of Strega restaurant.
- La Brace restaurant has closed and Paesan’s has opened in it’s place.
- A really cute Cafe L’ il Italy has opened across from the Old North church.
- The Cozy Corner on Salem St – near the Old North church is now serving some Brazilian dishes.